Job Title: Media Technology Manager
Location: 526 Beale Street, Memphis, TN 38103
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Reports to: VP of Retail
In the olden days when phones had dials, gas was a dollar a gallon, and before Superhero movies dominated theaters, television commercials were shot on film or beta tape and had to be delivered in person to television stations. Today you can watch superhero movies on your phone without having to drive anywhere. Today television commercials are delivered to stations through the magic of the internet. VIA needs a magician who can do just that.
Here at VIA we make television commercials and creative videos for all kinds of local and national organizations and brands. We need a tech-savvy person to ensure all of our work gets to the right place at the right time so it can air and be seen by the masses. We are looking for a person who has experience in digital technology, file management, an interest in technical processes, and who wants to be an essential part of an award-winning video production team.
Our ideal candidate can perform multiple tasks under tight deadlines without getting their feathers ruffled. We would love it if the applicant came with production and/or file delivery experience but can also show the right person the ropes. Quick and innovative thinking is essential. VIA supports a culture of input and growth.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- A high amount of initiative in problem-solving.
- Knowledge of industry video and audio standards.
- Knowledge of FTP connections and other file transfer protocols.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work unsupervised.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines when required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Overview of Job Duties:
- Work with team members to determine when spots need to be distributed.
- Accurately deliver finished spots to both local and national stations.
- Thoroughly investigate customer issues, escalating any issues appropriately and correctly in the interest of maintaining the best client experience.
- Own the delivery process so that it’s as efficient as possible.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to apply:
If you are interested and you qualify for this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your resume for review. A cover letter is not necessary, but if you have one, please feel free to attach that as well. All qualified candidates will receive a phone call or an email as soon as possible so please be sure to have the appropriate and correct contact information listed on your resume.