We are proud to welcome Billie Worley as our newest producer/director at VIA. An Oregon native, Billie moved to Hollywood where he realized his dream of becoming an actor, appearing in major motion pictures and recurring roles on network TV programs. During his decade in Hollywood, he was exposed to some of the greatest minds in the production industry, including Clint Eastwood and Gary Nelson. With an interest in working on the other side of the camera, Billie paid attention to the various departments and roles in production. He used his experience working with the best to develop his own skill set.
Billie moved to Memphis to pursue music, one of his other passions. While in Memphis, he met his wife and the rest is history. With 20 years in the industry, Billie brings his broad experience to VIA as a producer/director. He still makes time for a few acting jobs every year and can be seen at various local venues playing with his band The Candy Company. If you’re in the neighborhood, check him out on Wednesday nights at Celtic Crossing in midtown.
- Saw Bigfoot in Oregon when he was 12.
- As a child, Billie raced four-wheelers and owned a pygmy goat named Flash Gordon who would butt you to the ground if you turned your back on him.
- He lived next door to Ice T in the Hollywood Hills (technically two doors down).
- Billie’s mom was a beautician, so he’s had every popular hairstyle since 1976, including perms, frosted tips, and crimping.
- He once met Elvis Costello at a Vanity Fair Oscar Party.